There are several changes to the MLSD that I want to bring to your attention:
- The database has now been updated through games of May 17th.
- In response to the clamoring of at least two people, I added monthly splits to each player's stat table. For now, of course, that's just two extra lines, separating April performance from May performance.
- As you are probably aware, the legality of publishing certain baseball-related data is in question. I am comfortable with the legality of what I am doing, but I am not particularly comfortable with what I imagine MLB Advanced Media (the company that operates MLB.com and MiLB.com) thinks of the legality of what I'm doing. With that in mind, I removed the "Overall" line from each player's stat table, because that is the one way in which I was directly duplicating data that MiLB.com already offers. I can't say that I like the change all that much, but it's a concession I'm going to make for the time being.
- To somewhat mitigate the effects of removing the "Overall" line from each player's table, I have added a link under each table to the player's stat page at MILB.com.
- Because I seem to add a new link to the bottom of each player's table almost every day, I changed the formatting of those links, fitting two per line instead of just one.
- All of these changes, except for the links to MiLB.com, also affect each team's and league's stat tables.