In Arizona: Lorenzo Cain and Taylor Green batted 1-2 for the Javelinas, with Cain going 3-for-4 with a double and his second stolen base, and Green going 1-for-4 with a walk. Lou Palmisano made his first appearance with the Javelinas and went 0-for-2 after entering the game as a pinch hitter. Alexandre Periard struck out the side in his one inning of work and the Javelinas fell to Scottsdale, 7-3.
On Saturday, Lou Palmisano went 2-for-2 with a run scored and Brae Wright pitched 1.1 innings of scoreless relief as the Javelinas won a shootout over Scottsdale, 14-11.
The AFL was off Sunday, but the Javelinas return to action today against the AFL's best team, the Peoria Saguaros, at 2:35.
In Hawai'i: Logan Schafer scored a run as a pinch runner and was the only Brewer to appear in Friday's 6-5 win over North Shore.
Saturday, Caleb Gindl went 2-4 with a walk, an error, and got picked off first base. Mike Ramlow pitched a third of an inning of scoreless relief despite giving up 3 walks as West Oahu defeated North Shore again, 7-6.
Sunday, Logan Schafer went 3-for-4 with a double, his first HWB home run and 4 RBI, and Caleb Gindl went 0-for-3 but walked twice and stole a base as the CaneFires defeated North Shore for the third straight day, 7-5.
The CaneFires are off today.
In Mexico: Chris Narveson pitched for Hermosillo on Saturday, giving up 3 ER on 6 hits and striking out 6 in 5.1 innings. Erasmo Ramirez pitched a scoreless third of an inning for Guasave on Friday.
In Venezuela: Brewer performances since Thursday:
- Alcides Escobar went 2-for-13 with a walk and two runs scored in his debut for Lara.
- Hernan Iribarren went 3-for-7 with a double, 3 walks and 3 runs scored for Lara.
- Jay Gibbons is 0-for his last 8 with a walk and is currently hitting .056 for Magellanes.
- He's being outhit, but only slightly, by Tony Gwynn, who is 3-for-11 with a walk and 4 K's since Thursday, and is hitting .200/.273/.200.
- Brendan Katin is 0-for his last 14 with 6 K's for Zulia.
- Joe Bateman pitched a scoreless inning Friday for his first DWL win for Este.
- Also for Este, Sam Narron started on Saturday and gave up 1 run on 5 hits in 3 innings and picked up the loss.
- Rafael Lluberes, who spent the regular season in Brevard County, gave up a run on two hits and a walk in two thirds of an inning Saturday in his debut for Cibao.
- Juan Sandoval, who pitched for Huntsville during the season, walked the only batter he faced for Licey on Friday.
- Ozzie Chavez went 2-for-8 with a triple and 3 RBI over the weekend for Este.
- Brad Nelson made his debut for Cibao on Thursday, and since then he's 3-for-9 with 2 doubles and a HR, giving him an early .333/.400/.889 line.