Then on Saturday, Lou Palmisano entered the game late and went 0-for-1, Lorenzo Cain went 0-for-4, Alexandre Periard walked three and allowed two runs in one inning of work, and Brae Wright allowed a run on two hits and two walks in two innings as the Javelinas got blown out by the Saguaros, 15-4.
The AFL was off on Sunday, but returns to action today with the Javelinas hosting Scottsdale at 2:35.
In Hawai'i: No Brewers appeared on Friday in the CaneFires' 8-2 win over Honolulu.
Saturday and Sunday's games were rained out, and Hawai'i Winter Baseball is off today. The CaneFires could return to action tomorrow night at North Shore.
In Mexico: Chris Narveson started Saturday for Hermosillo and took the loss, giving up 4 runs on 9 hits and a walk in just 3.1 innings while striking out 4. Erasmo Ramirez pitched another scoreless outing on Sunday, although it was only one third of an inning. He's pitched 6 consecutive scoreless outings, spanning 3 innings.
- Alcides Escobar went 2-for-13 over the weekend with a stolen base and scored a run for Lara. He's hitting .216/.268/.297 in Venezuela.
- Jay Gibbons went 3-for-11 over the weekend for Magallanes, but two of those hits were home runs hit on Sunday. He's hitting .150/.277/.375 in winter ball.
- Tony Gwynn went 4-for-10 over the weekend with a triple, stole a base and scored twice. He's hitting .302/.362/.372 for Magallanes.
- Hernan Iribarren went 4-for-10 over the weekend with a stolen base, extending his VWL hitting streak to eight games. He's hitting .324/.432/.432 for Lara.
- Brendan Katin went 2-for-7 over the weekend with a double and a home run, driving in two and scoring twice. He's hitting .152/.293/.455 for Zulia.
- Guilder Rodriguez went 0-for-1 in his VWL debut for Lara (his hometown team) on Friday.
- Ozzie Chavez went 1-for-5 over the weekend but walked three times and scored a run for Este. He's hitting .176/.364/.294 in DWL play.
- Brad Nelson went 1-for-4 with a walk and two strikeouts, driving in a run and scoring for Cibao on Saturday. He's hitting .357/.438/.714 in winter ball.
- Joe Bateman pitched a scoreless 1.2 innings for Este on Saturday, lowering his DWL ERA to 6.35.
- Rafael Lluberes gave up a hit and got a strikeout in a third of an inning of work on Friday for Cibao. He's now pitched one full inning over three appearances.
- Sam Narron pitched five scoreless innings on Saturday for Este, giving up three hits and a walk.