In Arizona: Lorenzo Cain went 1-for-3 with a walk and his second home run, and Lou Palmisano went 1-for-4 with a double and scored a run, but they were the only offense the Javelinas could muster as they got blown out by Phoenix, 10-2. Brae Wright contributed to the carnage, giving up four runs on four hits in a third of an inning.
With the HR, Cain is hitting .345/.387/.586 for the Javelinas. They return to action today at 2:35 when they travel to Phoenix.
Also, as Tom H. notes, Brent Brewer has replaced Taylor Green on the Javelinas' roster. Taylor Green will require surgery to repair his broken nose.
In Hawai'i: Cody Scarpetta's debut for the CaneFires did not go well, as he started and allowed five runs on four hits and two walks in one third of an inning. Caleb Gindl went 1-for-4 with a double and Logan Schafer went 1-for-4 with an RBI but it was not enough as North Shore coasted to a 7-3 victory.
The CaneFires play at North Shore again tonight at 8.
- Alcides Escobar went 0-for-4 last night for Lara. He's now 2-for his last-21 with one walk.
- Jay Gibbons went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk for Magallanes.
- Tony Gwynn went 0-for-4 with a strikeout for Magallanes.
- Hernan Iribarren went 2-for-4 with a two-run HR for Lara, his first in Venezuela. He's hit in 9 straight games.
- Brendan Katin went 3-for-4 with a solo HR for Zulia. He's hit 4 HR in his last 6 games, and is tied for the VWL lead with 5.
In the Dominican Republic: Ozzie Chavez went 0-for-2 with a strikeout for Este.