To be honest, I was a bit down yesterday after the game (the Packers and the Badgers didn't help much either). But this morning, I woke up, took a shower, and put on my favorite Brewers shirt with a smile. Why?
- Because of Ryan Braun's home run in St. Louis followed by Torres icing the sweep.
- Because I finally kept a New Years Resolution, to make it to five Brewers games, and they won all five.
- Because One of those was C.C.'s first in Milwaukee.
- Because it's now only been one day since the Brewers have been in the playoffs, and for the Cubs it's been two.
- Because of J.J.'s defense in the Cubs series when everything else was cover your eyes awful.
- Because I'm pretty sure my sister was crying when she told me Ryan Braun hit a three run homer on the last day of the season.
- Because I sat watching Gameday in suspence and anticipation for a Mets-Marlins game.
- Because Prince Fielder flat out mashed the last home run of the season.
- Because we got to see Dave Bush come up huge in game three after being jerked around by Ned Yost.
- Because I had a reason to call Craig Counsell C.C. Jr.
- Because of the thought of Craig Counsell trying on Prince Fielder's uniform.
- Because out of nowhere, Russell Branyan carried this team.
- Because of the number 3 million.
- Because of the number 90 million.
- Because at the end of the day, if all signs point to a job well done, I will untuck my shirt.
Thanks for 2008, now make 2009 even better.