Then on Saturday, no Brewers appeared and the Javelinas lost their 10th game in 11 opportunities, 9-6 to Surprise.
The AFL was off Sunday, so at least the Javelinas didn't lose again. They travel to Mesa at 1:35 today.
In Hawai'i: Caleb Gindl went 1-for-4 with a solo home run Friday, and Logan Schafer went 1-for-3 as the CaneFires defeated North Shore, 4-1.
Saturday, Logan Schafer went 2-for-5 as the CaneFires rode the wave of an 8-run second inning to a 13-4 victory.
Sunday, Logan Schafer entered the game late and went 1-for-1, Caleb Gindl went 1-for-4 and scored a run, and Chris Cody pitched five scoreless innings, allowing one hit and two walks with two strikeouts, as the CaneFires played to a 6-6 7 inning tie.
Hawai'i Winter Baseball is off on Monday to avoid overdoing it. They return to action Tuesday.
In Mexico: Casey McGehee went 3-for-11 over the weekend with a double and his third home run. He has a hit in ten straight games for Culiacan.
- Alcides Escobar went 0-for-2 on Saturday for Lara. He's now 3-for his last 34 and hitting .155/.231/.207 overall.
- Tony Gwynn went 1-for-5 over the weekend with two walks and two RBI for Magallanes. He's hitting .307/.391/.360 in the VWL.
- Hernan Iribarren went 6-for-15 in four games over the weekend, picking up a double, two stolen bases and driving in three runs. He's hitting .354/.407/.524 for Lara, and has stolen seven bases in nine attempts.
- Brendan Katin went 1-for-8 over the weekend, walked, scored a run and got caught stealing. He's still hitting .253/.345/.693 for Zulia, and still leads the VWL with 10 home runs.
- Brad Nelson walked in his only plate appearance Friday, then went 2-for-4 with two home runs on Saturday. Nelson is hitting .304/.381/804 for Cibao, leads the DWL in OPS and is second in home runs and RBI.
- Joe Bateman pitched three innings over two appearances Friday and Saturday, giving up one run on two hits and three walks. He did strike out two.
- Carlos Corporan went 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI Saturday in his debut for Caguas.
- Charlie Fermaint was caught stealing as a pinch runner in his debut Friday, then singled, drove in a run and scored in his only at bat Saturday for Ponce.
- Martin Maldonado went 0-for-3 in his debut for Mayaguez on Saturday.
- Jorge Crespo gave up six runs (three earned) on four hits and a walk in .2 innings of work for Arecibo Saturday.
- Richie Gardner started and gave up four runs on six hits in four innings for Carolina Saturday, but escaped with a no decision.
- Steve Bray pitched two scoreless innings of relief, allowing only a walk and a hit for Carolina on Sunday.