In Arizona: Lorenzo Cain went 2-for-4 and scored a run, Alexandre Periard allowed one run on four hits and three walks in four innings and David Welch allowed one run on three hits in three innings, but it was not enough as the Javelinas allowed Mesa to score seven runs in the final three innings and lost 8-4.
The Javelinas will play the AFL's best team, the Peoria Saguaros, today at 1:35.
In Hawai'i: Logan Schafer went 0-for-4 but Cody Scarpetta was dominant, striking out eight and allowing only one hit and one walk over five scoreless innings for the win as the CaneFires beat Waikiki, 6-3.
Since Hawaii doesn't do daylight savings time, they're only four hours behind now, so the CaneFires game with Honolulu today starts at 7 Central time.
In Mexico: Casey McGehee only needed one hit to keep his 11 game hitting streak alive, but he got four, including two doubles and his fourth LMP home run. He's hitting .327/.343/.505 in 104 plate appearances.
- Alcides Escobar finally snapped out of his slump yesterday, going 2-for-3 with a stolen base and a run scored for Lara.
- Hernan Iribarren went 1-for-4 with his second VWL home run for Lara.
- Luis Pena pitched a scoreless 1.1 innings with a hit and a walk yesterday for La Guaira, only his second outing since October 15.
In the Dominican Republic: Results from Monday:
- Brad Nelson went 1-for-4 with a solo home run for Cibao, his 8th home run in DWL play. Those eight home runs put him second in the DWL behind 35-year-old shortstop Mendy Lopez, who had seven cups of coffee in the big leagues but spent 2008 in the Mexican League.
- Joe Bateman picked up his third win for Este, giving up just one hit and picking up a strikeout in two scoreless innings. He's got a 3.21 ERA in 14 DWL innings.
- Rafael Lluberes pitched .2 scoreless innings with a strikeout for Cibao in his first appearance since October 29.
In Puerto Rico:
- Carlos Corporan hit a three run home run in his only plate appearance for Caguas.
- Steve Bray pitched a scoreless inning for Carolina. He has yet to allow a run in his first 5.1 PWL innings.