Remember when I said today was a slow news day? I take it all back.
Tom H. reports that the Brewers just signed R.J. Swindle to a major league contract. Pay no attention to his MLB career .409 BAA (OK, in fewer than 5 major league innings) --- Swindle is bound to be a fan favorite from the get-go:
- He has a 55 MPH curveball. Mr. Slowy?
- In the minors, thanks to Mr. Slowy, he averaged 10.4 Ks/9 innings, with a career 1.58 ERA.
- His last name is a great name for puns. Say, do you think his first name is Rob?
- He's a former Phillie drafted by the Red Sox. Winners of the last two World Series? Phillies and Red Sox. Ergo, this guy's a winner.
- He's from ...you guessed it...Canada.
Be sure to give him a big BCB welcome the next time you see him.