The Javelinas travel to Surprise at 1:35 today. Expect the unexpected.
In Hawai'i: Caleb Gindl went 1-for-4 and was one of only three CaneFires to get a hit in a nine inning scoreless tie with Honolulu. I didn't realize that was allowed.
The CaneFires are off today to consider how ties affect the integrity of the game. They host North Shore tomorrow.
- Casey McGehee went 3-for-4 with a home run and drove in three runs for Culiacan. He has a hit in six straight games.
- Chris Woodward went 1-for-4 with a strikeout for Mazatlan. He's had that exact line in three straight games.
- Erasmo Ramirez pitched two scoreless innings yesterday, allowing one hit and striking out two.
- Alcides Escobar went 0-for-3 with a walk for Lara Wednesday. He's 1-for his last 17, and hitting .167/.233/.222 in VWL play.
- Tony Gwynn went 1-for-4 with two walks and scored a run Tuesday, then went 0-for-4 with three K's Wednesday.
- Hernan Iribarren went 0-for-4 Wednesday for Lara.
- Brendan Katin continues to destroy Venezuelan pitching. Tuesday he went 2-for-4 with a double and a home run. Wednesday he went 1-for-4 with another home run. He leads the VWL with 10 home runs (second place has 6) and is second in RBI.
- Luis Pena pitched yesterday for the first time since October 15, and showed some signs of rust, giving up a run on two hits in .2 innings.