In Arizona: Mark Rogers started on Friday and struggled, allowing four runs on three hits and three walks in two innings as the Javelinas lost to Scottsdale 8-7. Zach Braddock pitched another scoreless inning to maintain his perfect ERA. Lorenzo Cain went 0-for-2 with a walk, and Taylor Green went 0-for-3 with a walk.
On Saturday, Rob Wooten and Omar Aguilar each pitched scoreless innings but the offense didn't do its part, as they were shut out by the Saguaros, 6-0. Jonathan Lucroy started at DH and went 1-for-2, and Taylor Green was held hitless at third for the second straight day, going 0-for-4.
The AFL is off on Sundays. With this weekend's action, here's a look at the Brewers' stat lines:
- In 27 ABs, Lorenzo Cain is hitting .222/.364/.296.
- In 23 ABs, Taylor Green is hitting .217/.400/.217.
- In 19 ABs, Jonathan Lucroy is hitting .421/.450/.579.
- In 5.1 innings, Omar Aguilar has posted a 6.75 ERA with a 5/2 K/BB ratio.
- In 5 innings, Mark Rogers has posted a 12.60 ERA with a 3/4 K BB ratio.
- In 4.2 innings, Zach Braddock has yet to allow a run with a 3/1 K/BB ratio.
- In 4.2 innings, Josh Butler has posted a 11.57 ERA with a 5/3 K/BB ratio.
- Adam Heether went 1-for-9 over the weekend with three walks and a home run. He's hitting .241/.397/.444 in 54 ABs for Caracas.
- Hernan Iribarren went 6-for-11 with two doubles, a walk, five runs scored, a stolen base and a caught stealing. He's hitting .333/.397/.456 in 57 ABs for Lara, but is just 2-for-5 in stolen base attempts.
- Freddy Parejo went 1-for-3 with a strikeout over the weekend for Lara. He's now 3-for-7 in AFL play.
- Juan Sanchez entered Saturday's game as a pinch runner and defensive replacement for Aragua, but was removed before he got to bat.
In the Dominican Republic: A day behind again, so all results are from Thursday-Saturday.
- Erick Almonte went 2-for-7 for Cibao with a walk. He's hitting .238/.448/.381 in 21 ABs.
- Rafael Lluberes struck out the only batter he faced on Thursday, and hit the only batter he faced on Friday. That runner eventually scored. He's allowed one run for Cibao in one inning of work, spanning five outings.
In Mexico: David Welch was a tough luck loser last night for Guasave, allowing one run in five innings on five hits and two walks, striking out six. The outing lowered his LMP ERA to 4.32.