In Arizona: On Friday, Mark Rogers allowed three earned runs on four hits in one inning of work as the Javelinas lost to Surprise, 5-4. Jonathan Lucroy entered the game as a pinch hitter and grounded out in the ninth. Rogers now has a 15.19 ERA in AFL play: He's appeared in eight games and allowed multiple runs in five of them.
On Saturday, Lucroy went 0-for-2 with two walks as the Javelinas lost to Mesa, 4-2. Rob Wooten pitched two scoreless innings, allowing three hits and striking out two.
Even with the losses, the Javelinas clinched the division title over the weekend, and by virtue of clinching first they'll be the home team in the AFL Championship game.
As for the overall numbers:
Lorenzo Cain has gone 10-for his last 31 to lift his line to .242/.375/.303 in 79 PAs. He's also 8-for-11 stealing bases.
- Taylor Green went 0-for-9 this week to drop his line to .159/.302/.159 in 52 PAs.
- Jonathan Lucroy is 0-for his last 7 but has drawn three walks, moving him to .313/.352/.500 in 52 PAs.
- Omar Aguilar pitched one scoreless inning this week. He has a 7.15 ERA in 11.1 innings, a 2.03 WHIP and a 11:8 K:BB ratio.
- Zach Braddock has a five inning hitless streak going, and has a 0.84 ERA in 10.2 IP, a 0.94 WHIP and a 7:4 K:BB ratio.
- Josh Butler got roughed up in his only appearance this week, and has a 11.37 ERA in 12.2 IP, a 2.76 WHIP and a 13:9 K:BB ratio.
- Rob Wooten hs a 6.2 inning scoreless streak going, and has a 3.12 ERA in 8.2 IP, a 0.92 WHIP and a 11:1 K:BB ratio.
- Anderson De La Rosa got into a game yesterday for the first time since October 12, and struck out in his only plate appearance.
Alcides Escobar went 6-for-10 over the weekend with two runs, two RBI and a stolen base. He's hitting .333/.362/.389 in 57 VWL PAs, and is 6-for-8 stealing bases.
Hernan Iribarren went 4-for-4 on Friday and finished a home run short of the cycle, but is 0-for-10 since. He's hitting .298/.370/.447 in 126 PAs, and is 4-for-8 stealing bases.
- Brendan Katin has not appeared in a game since November 11, but is hitting .246/.373/.431 in 75 PAs.
- Freddy Parejo struck out in his only plate appearance Sunday.
- Juan Sanchez also appeared in two games over the weekend, going 0-for-1.
- Ryan Houston allowed two runs on four hits and blew his third save on Friday, but bounced back with a scoreless inning Saturday. He has a 11.57 ERA in 4.2 innings of work, with one save in four attempts, a 2.58 WHIP and a 5:2 K:BB ratio.
In the Dominican Republic:
- Erick Almonte went 2-for-6 from Thursday-Saturday, with a walk and a run scored. He's reached base safely in each of his last ten games and is hitting .325/.429/.442 in 90 PAs.
- Juan Sandoval pitched a scoreless inning on Saturday, allowing one hit. He has a 3.48 ERA in 10.1 IP.
In Puerto Rico: Martin Maldonado went 0-for-2 with a walk on Friday. He's now 0-for-5 with a walk and a HBP.