Thanks to Kirbir for posting a placeholder for me. Most of the links I've grabbed for today will go in an extra-large Mug tomorrow, but here's some quick bullet points to keep you from going into withdrawal:
- Cute Sports discusses Mike Cameron, the 250/250 club, and the possibility that he could go 300/300.
- Mike Rivera left last night's game with an ankle injury. He was able to finish the inning before leaving the game, but will presumably be re-evaluated today, if he hasn't been already.
- Trevor Hoffman notched his first save last night, but expressed concerns about the Miller Park sound system. Here's a question no one's asked yet: Is he available to pitch three straight days?
- The Pittsburgh Tribune has a profile of Ken Macha, who grew up nearby and is a Pitt graduate.
- Dave Begel of OnMilwaukee.com thinks Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder might be among the state's best broadcasting teams.
- WTMJ has a profile of Trenni, back home on vacation.
- Brevard County Manatee Evan Anundsen threw the first nine-inning no-hitter in baseball this season. (Also noted in FanShot)
- Mark Rogers will return to the starting rotation in Brevard County on Saturday after missing a start with a bruised shoulder.
- Astros reliever Jose Valverde will go on the DL with a strained calf.
- A's Mark Ellis and Nomar Garciaparra are both headed to the DL with calf strains.
- Mets SP Freddy Garcia has been released after several poor starts in AAA.
- Orioles 3B Melvin Mora missed a flight to his rehab assignment, so he was activated instead.
- Rangers OF Josh Hamilton will likely go on the DL with bruised ribs.
- Reds 3B Edwin Encarnacion has a chipped bone in his wrist and has been placed on the DL.
- Also, Reds manager Dusty Baker doesn't need your stats.
That's all for now, see you in the Game Thread.