Thanks so much to everyone who voted in the Brew Crew Ball Tracking Poll. I had no idea what to expect when posting the first poll, and was hoping for roughly 100 participants. 24 hours later, I had 432 responses. From the ten questions, here are some of the responses I found most interesting:
- Of 432 responses, 82% selected Jeff Suppan as the pitcher who should be the odd man out in the Brewer rotation - a pretty clear indictment of the Crew's highest-paid player.
- Of the four candidates for backup catcher, three received at least 20% of the vote, with Matt Treanor the odd man out.
- The vast majority of us are, at the very least, giving Doug Melvin the benefit of the doubt. His approval rating is currently at 80%, with just 5% disapproval.
- A lot of voters are unsure about Ken Macha. His current approval rating is 38%, with 43% undecided.
- Even before the first spring training game, a lot of fans have bought in on Rick Peterson. His approval rating is at 36%, with 61% undecided.
- A plurality of fans were ok with the Gomez-Hardy trade. 48% of voters approved, with 34% disapproving.
- Fans were also on board with the Randy Wolf and Doug Davis signings, with 76% and 87% approving, respectively.
Follow the jump for the full results!
Question 1: How many games do you plan to attend this season?
|More than 41||9||2%|
Question 2: If the season started today, which starting pitcher SHOULD NIOT be in the rotation?
Question 3: Which catcher would you like to see make the team to back up Gregg Zaun?
Question 4: Do you approve of the decision to change the Brewers' away uniforms to read "Milwaukee" across the chest in 2010?
|Don't care/No opinion||144||33%|
Question 5: Do you approve of the job Doug Melvin is doing as general manager of the Brewers?
Question 6: Do you approve of the job Ken Macha is doing as manager of the Brewers?
Question 7: Do you approve of the job Rick Peterson is doing as pitching coach of the Brewers?
Question 9: Do you agree with the decision to sign Randy Wolf to a three year deal?
Question 10: Do you agree with the decision to sign Doug Davis to a one year deal?