Some things to read while doing your part.
Sometimes I'm really bad at planning. Here's a case in point: I need to be out of the house by 9 am this morning, the morning after a Brewer late game in LA. For some reason I thought I'd have time to write a full Mug this morning. I don't. So, my apologies, but we're going to have to go with bullet points today:
- If you went to bed early, here's a recap of last night's win.
- Disciples of Uecker correctly predicted a solid start for Doug Davis.
- Meanwhile, Chad Billingsley's short start forced True Blue LA to write an entire recap in Pig Latin.
- Voting is still open for FanGraphs' Star of the Game.
- Another day, another Prince Fielder rumor: Eli Greenspan of MLB Daily Dish noticed a story linking Fielder and the Red Sox, but acknowledges the possibility is "hard to fathom."
- Speaking of rumors, Tom Fornelli of MLB FanHouse thinks Ken Macha's job is safe, but raised the possibility of firing Rick Peterson.
- Miller Park Drunk has the best viral video you'll see today.
- Bernie Brewer has been impressed with Todd Coffey.
- Bernie's Crew has an updated top 30 prospect list.
- Rattler Radio has links to profiles of Peter Fatse, Jake Odorizzi and Eric Arnett.
- Tom Haudricourt was in Appleton to see Eric Arnett pitch the first few innings of Tuesday's game, and thinks he might have turned a corner.
- Speaking of the Rattlers, Khris Davis narrowly missed becoming the first Timber Rattler ever to hit for the cycle in yesterday's second game. With a single, double and home run already in the books, he settled for a standing double on a ball off the right field wall in his final AB.
Mariners: Placed reliever Mark Lowe on the DL with a herniated disc in his back.