Complete the sweep?
Follow the jump for tonight's pitching matchup and more!
R.A. Dickey (2.92 ERA, 3.71 FIP) is:
- Actually starting game two, despite the fact that I had him listed as the game one starter
- Playing in his fifth organization in as many seasons (Texas in 2006, Milwaukee in 2007, Seattle in 2008, Minnesota in 2009 and the Mets this season).
- Using a relatively fast knuckleball (75.9 mph on average) 84% of the time, and a fastball the rest of the time. Both pitches have been above average this season.
- Coming off a quality start against the Phillies on Friday, and three quality starts in his last four appearances.
- 1-0 against the Brewers this season, having allowed four runs over seven innings on May 30.
Dave Bush (4.70 ERA, 5.17 FIP) is:
- Making his 144th and likely final start in a Brewer uniform.
- Sporting the worst WHIP (1.527) and walk rate (3.3 per nine innings) of his major league career.
- Unlikely to pitch past the sixth inning. He's recorded an out in the seventh inning in just one of his last 17 starts. He also hasn't recorded a complete game since 2006.
- Coming off an outing where he allowed four runs (two earned) on eight hits over 5.1 innings to the Reds.
- The owner of five below-average pitches, according to FanGraphs, and worth just 0.1 wins above replacement this season.
I haven't seen a lineup yet: Add it in the comments if you have.
In the bullpen:
John Axford pitched 1 inning ( pitches) in game one and .2 innings (11 pitches) last night.
Manny Parra pitched 2.2 innings (36 pitches) in game one.
Carlos Villanueva pitched 1 inning (14 pitches) in game one.
Kameron Loe pitched 1 inning (7 pitches) in game one.
Zach Braddock pitched .1 innings (8 pitches) last night.
Mike McClendon pitched .1 innings (4 pitches) last night.
Brandon Kintzler pitched 1 inning (13 pitches) Sunday.
Jeremy Jeffress pitched 1 inning (12 pitches) Sunday.
Trevor Hoffman pitched 1 inning (9 pitches) Sunday.
Todd Coffey pitched 1.1 innings (25 pitches) Saturday.
Enjoy the game!