So I don't know if you guys have heard about this, but the World Series starts tonight. If you're looking for a preview or the schedule, Jeff Sullivan of Baseball Nation has you covered.
While we're waiting for tonight's game, though, I wanted to mention a contest TiqIQ (our ticket partner) is holding and give you a chance to win two tickets to any 2012 MLB game. Here's how it works:
As mentioned above, the contest winner will receive two tickets to the 2012 MLB game of their choice. Also worth noting: By participating in the contest you're giving me a shot to win a prize out of this as well.
Official rules can be found after the jump. You have until the first pitch of Game 1 tonight to make your selections. Thanks and good luck!
Official Rules for the TiqIQ / SB Nation "Pitcher Perfect" Contest & Promotion ("Contest")
- TiqIQ will reward two (2) tickets to a regular season professional baseball game to any consumer who properly enters this Contest (see directions below) and correctly predicts the four (4) pitchers -- of two starting pitchers and two relief pitchers -- who record the most strike outs during the duration of professional baseball's championship series, beginning Oct 19, 2011.
- Tickets will be rewarded by TiqIQ at no cost to the consumer. Value of the tickets not to exceed $200 each. Tickets for the exact Exact (take out, duplicate exact) game to be determined and mutually agreed upon by both TiqIQ and the consumer winner.
- This contest is open to the public. No purchase necessary. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of TiqIQ, SB Nation or other companies associated with the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
- All entries are to be made via Twitter. To open a Twitter account, visit Twitter.com. All terms and conditions of the use of Twitter apply.
- TiqIQ is the official sponsor of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless TiqIQ, and SB Nation, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Consumer entry is to be done via the following steps:
- Follow @TiqIQ on Twitter.
- Tweet to the SB Nation baseball publication (for example, @pinstripealley) with four players names, and inclusion of the hashtag # PitcherPerfect (This is a guess of the strike out leaders in the series of games.)
- Consumers may submit multiple entries.
- Each entry (guess) needs to be made in separate tweets.
- Deadline for consumer entry submission is 7pm Eastern time, Wednesday, October 19, 2011.
- TiqIQ will inform any consumer via a direct Tweet or e-mail communication of their correct prediction (guess) by January 15, 2012