On this day in 1981, Dave Krynzel was born in Dayton, Ohio. He was 18 years old when the Brewers drafted him eleventh overall in the 2000 draft, four spots ahead of Chase Utley and 18 spots ahead of Adam Wainwright.
Krynzel was young for his level at every rung of the minor league ladder, reaching AAA for the first time as a 22 year old in 2004. He never hit much, though, posting a .267/.343/.396 line in 859 games over ten career minor league seasons. He had cups of coffee with the Brewers during 2004 and 2005, but following the 2006 season he was included as a throw-in in the trade that sent Doug Davis to Arizona in exchange for Claudio Vargas and Johnny Estrada. He hasn't been back in the majors since.
Krynzel did, however, make a cameo appearance in an LOLBrewers post.
Krynzel turns 30 today. With help from the B-Ref Play Index, we'd also like to wish a happy birthday today to:
- 2002-03 Brewer Glendon Rusch, who turns 37.
- 1998 Brewer Travis Smith, who turns 39.
- 2003 Brewer Todd Ritchie, who turns 40.
- 1992-93 Brewer William Suero, who would have turned 45.
- 1978-80 Brewer Buck Martinez, who turns 63.