Today's big stories:
- Shaun Marcum pitched a 1-2-3 first to lead off his Brewer career against the Giants, but struggled in the second inning, allowing two runs on four hits. He struck out three over two innings of work, and didn't walk any.
- Tim Dillard allowed a run on two hits against the Cubs over two innings, and didn't walk or strike out anyone.
- Yuniesky Betancourt, batting third against the Giants, drew a walk.
- Brendan Katin hit the lone home run of the day for the Brewers, a two run shot in the sixth inning against the Giants.
- Today was a pretty good day to get a look at some of the Brewers' top pitching prospects, as Wily Peralta (2 IP, 2 H, 2 ER v Giants), Cody Scarpetta (1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 K v Cubs) and Amaury Rivas (1.2 IP, 1 ER, 3 H v Cubs) made their spring debuts.
- The roughest outing of the day belonged to Mike McClendon, who allowed four runs on five hits and a walk in 1.1 innings against the Giants, picking up the loss.
- Cody Hawn hit a two run single with two outs in the ninth to bring the Brewers back within a run against the Giants, but pinch-runner T.J. Mittelstaedt was caught stealing to end the game.