Sometimes working ahead turns out to be a blessing and a curse. Friday afternoon, for example, I was getting ready to hit the road for a wedding. I wrote and scheduled the Brewer of the Week post before I left, and thought nothing of it until I got home today and realized that I failed to include the poll. Oops.
As it turns out, we probably needed something else to talk about tonight anyway. So here's another thread to discuss and vote for the candidates. Here are the blurbs I posted on Friday:
- John Axford pitched three scoreless innings this week, allowing a walk and a hit while striking out six. He's now riding an eleven inning scoreless streak where he's won two games and saved seven. He's also converted his last 15 save opportunities.
- Prince Fielder is our reigning and defending Brewer of the Week. Fueled by eleven walks and an HBP in seven games, he hit .235/.533/.588 this week, posting a 1.122 OPS despite a .167 BABIP.
- Yovani Gallardo held the Cubs to just one run on three hits over seven innings on Tuesday and struck out a season-high ten.
- Corey Hart had two multi-hit games, five walks and four extra base hits this week en route to a .304/.429/.565 line.
- Rickie Weeks had five multi-hit games in seven opportunities this week and hit .406/.424/.719 over 33 plate appearances.
Who should be Brewer of the Week?
John Axford (51 votes)
Prince Fielder (25 votes)
Yovani Gallardo (6 votes)
Corey Hart (7 votes)
Rickie Weeks (129 votes)
218 total votes