This is part eight of a ten part series looking at the greatest All Star moments in Brewer history. To recap, here are the seven we've already covered:
4. Dan Plesac's scoreless seventh inning in 1987's 13 inning game.
5. Ben Sheets' start and two scoreless innings in 2008.
6. Ted Simmons' pinch-hit RBI single in 1981.
7. Prince Fielder's Home Run Derby win in 2009 (with video).
8. Trevor Hoffman's five-pitch sixth inning in 2010.
9. Dan Plesac's eighth inning strikeout of Darryl Strawberry in 1988.
10. Ben Sheets' scoreless third inning in 2007.
Prince Fielder had already had a pretty good All Star break in 2009, even before the game started. The previous night he had won the Home Run Derby. The National League would need his help again on this night, though.
The AL had connected for two runs in the top of the first off Tim Lincecum, while the NL bats were held quiet. The NL raliied to tie the game with two runs in the second, then called upon Prince Fielder to pinch hit for Lincecum with a runner on second and two outs. Fielder responded by hitting a ground rule double off Roy Halladay, giving the NL a 3-2 lead.