We're running a little late tonight, so we'll have to do the bullet points here.
Ubaldo Jimenez (4.14 ERA, 3.46 FIP):
- Got his season off to a rough start, but has been much better lately. Since facing the Brewers on May 22 he's posted a 3.06 ERA in ten starts, struck out 58 batters and walked 18 in 67.2 innings.
- Has an above average fastball and slider, and a plus changeup he's using much more often in 2011 (18.7% of pitches, compared to 12.5% for his career). He'll also mix in a below average curve.
- Pitched a complete game but lost to the Brewers on May 22, allowing three runs on two hits and five walks over eight innings.
- Still can't find one of those license plates with his name on it.
- Has faced seven Brewers ten times or more.
And Yovani Gallardo (3.76 ERA, 3.78 FIP):
- Pitching today on seven days' rest.
- Has thrown seven innings in each of his last three starts, and four of his last five, with a 3.19 ERA over that time (even including a disaster start against the Red Sox).
- Is only throwing his changeup 1.6% of the time in 2011, but that's not as big of a deal as you'd think. He only threw it 3.8% of the time in 2010.
- Didn't face the Rockies in the series at Miller Park, but allowed five earned runs in 13 innings over two starts against them in 2010, giving up eleven hits while walking four and striking out 14.
- Has faced four current Rockies ten times or more:
Here's tonight's Brewer lineup, via Todd Rosiak:
Everyone in the bullpen should be good to go, as no one has pitched since before the All Star Break.
The weather, however, might be an issue. Todd Rosiak reported about an hour ago that the tarp was out on the field and heavy rain is falling. The radar doesn't look very promising, either. So I guess we'll see what happens.