The Brewers drew a couple of walks but were held hitless for 5.2 innings by future Brewer Rick Helling. Fernando Vina finally broke up the no-hitter with a single in the sixth, but that was the only offense the Brewers would muster on the day. They finished the night with just three walks and the one hit, losing 2-0. They wasted a pretty good spot start from reliever Joel Adamson, who allowed just two runs on six hits over 6.2 innings.
The Brewers were no-hit once by Justin Verlander in 2007, but one hitters have been relatively rare in the Miller Park era:
|May 4, 2011||Braves||Tim Hudson|
|September 7, 2009||Cardinals||Chris Carpenter|
|April 9, 2005||Cubs||Carlos Zambrano|
|April 26, 2002||Mets||Shawn Estes|
|April 7, 2002||Diamondbacks||Curt Schilling|
|May 25, 2001||Cubs||Kerry Wood|
With help from the B-Ref Play Index, happy birthday today to:
- 2002-03 Brewer Jayson Durocher, who turns 37.
- Seattle Pilot and 1972 Brewer Mike Ferraro, who turns 67.
- 1972 Brewer Joe Azcue, who turns 72.
- 1970 Brewer Bob Humphreys, who turns 76.
- Emerald, Wisconsin native and Hall of Famer Burleigh Grimes, who would have turned 118. Grimes played 19 major league seasons between 1916-34 as a member of the Brooklyn Dodgers and six other teams.