To be honest I'm surprised to see MLB try to sneak two playoff games into an NFL Sunday, but I guess that's how the schedule works.
While the second round of football games is getting started today the Tigers (leading series 1-0) and Yankees will resume their series in New York at 3. Anibal Sanchez (3.86 ERA, 3.53 FIP regular season, 2.84 ERA, 5.15 FIP postseason) will take on Hiroki Kuroda (3.32 ERA, 3.86 FIP regular season, 2.16 ERA, 6.57 FIP postseason).
- Sanchez and Kuroda are two of just 13 major league pitchers who have worked at least 190 innings and posted a sub-4 ERA in each of the last three seasons.
- Both Sanchez and Kuroda will be free agents after the season.
Then at 7 our attention (in theory) will shift to San Francisco, where the Giants open the NLCS at home against the Cardinals. Madison Bumgarner (3.37 ERA, 3.50 FIP during regular season, 8.31 ERA, 4.94 FIP postseason) will get the call to face Lance Lynn (3.78 ERA, 3.49 FIP regular season, 7.36 ERA, 12.09 FIP postseason).
- Lance Lynn has made relief appearances in four of the Cardinals' six games this postseason, but hasn't pitched since Thursday.
- Tonight will be Lynn's 15th postseason appearance in the last two seasons.
- Madison Bumgarner, who just turned 23 in August, has pitched 417.1 innings since Opening Day 2011.
Today's ALCS game will be on TBS, with the NLCS game on Fox.