Brad Barr-US PRESSWIRE
The Brewers haven't had to put many Z's on uniforms over the years.
I pre-empted the Thinker yesterday due to the Gorzelanny news, but that news got me thinking about another quiz idea.
As you might have guessed, there haven't been many Brewers with a Z in their last names. Just eight players in franchise history have either made 1000 plate appearances or pitched 200 or more innings and fit that criteria. Given clues, how many can you name in seven minutes?
In the past we've asked people not to post spoilers in the comments, so everyone gets a chance to try out the quiz without having it spoiled from them. I'm scrapping that rule this year and simply warning you that comments may contain spoilers. Also, please use the comments to post your score but remember there's no reason to cheat here, because there aren't any prizes.
If you somehow manage to get all of these, be sure to post your time along with your score in the comments.
If you finish this quiz and you're looking for more Brewer-related Sporcle quizzes, here are this offseason's other thinkers:
- Name the Brewer legends born in December.
- Name the oldest members of the Brewers by season.
- Name the Brewer legends born in November.
- Name the Brewers who have caught 295 or more career games.
- Name the Brewer BBWAA Award "finalists."
- Name the Brewer relievers with 70+ appearances and an ERA under 4.
- Name the Brewers with 1000+ career innings.
- Name the 2012 Brewers with hints.
Have fun, and don't forget to post your score in the comments!