Brad Mills-US PRESSWIRE
Can you name the most prolific Brewer relievers never to start a game?
There probably won't be much fanfare, but there's a chance John Axford will make a bit of Brewer history sometime in early 2013. Axford has pitched in relief in 206 major league games but has never made a start. If he makes 13 more relief appearances in 2013, he'll move up to fifth on the Brewer all time list.
All told, 26 pitchers have thrown in at least 100 games for the Brewers without ever making a start. How many can you name in ten minutes?
This week we're trying out a new Sporcle feature and embedding the game right here. If it doesn't work for you here, click this link to try it over at their site.
In the past we've asked people not to post spoilers in the comments, so everyone gets a chance to try out the quiz without having it spoiled from them. I'm scrapping that rule this year and simply warning you that comments may contain spoilers. Also, please use the comments to post your score but remember there's no reason to cheat here, because there aren't any prizes.
If you somehow manage to get all of these, be sure to post your time along with your score in the comments.
If you finish this quiz and you're looking for more Brewer-related Sporcle quizzes, here are this offseason's other thinkers:
- Name the Brewer legends born in December.
- Name the oldest members of the Brewers by season.
- Name the Brewer legends born in November.
- Name the Brewers who have caught 295 or more career games.
- Name the Brewer BBWAA Award "finalists."
- Name the Brewer relievers with 70+ appearances and an ERA under 4.
- Name the Brewers with 1000+ career innings.
- Name the 2012 Brewers with hints.
Have fun, and don't forget to post your score in the comments!