At home against the Cubs:
W: Ryan Dempster (1-0)
L: Chris Narveson (0-1)
HR: Alex Gonzalez (1), Starlin Castro (1)
And in Scottsdale against the Giants:
W: Barry Zito (2-0)
L: Wily Peralta (0-1)
HR: Mat Gamel (3), Pablo Sandoval (1), Tommy Joseph 2 (2)
We're pretty late here, so let's just knock it down to the bullet points:
- Nyjer Morgan was hit in the head by a Barry Zito pitch in the first inning and remained in the game briefly, but then left during the third inning complaining of a headache. Ron Roenicke says he's ok.
- Mat Gamel hit his third home run in as many days.
- Wily Peralta was cruising along for his first 1.2 innings, but allowed four runs and recorded just two outs after that, and things could've been worse - he stranded the bases loaded at the end of the second.
- Back in Maryvale, Chris Narveson cruised through three innings but allowed his first run of the spring in the fourth to pick up a tough luck loss.
- Logan Schafer had three of the Brewers' six hits against the Cubs. One of the other hits belonged to Alex Gonzalez, who hit hit first homer.
- Jed Bradley allowed two runs in an inning in his Cactus League debut.