I saw this first at MLBTR. Here's the little bit we know about him:
- He's 24 years old, right handed and was a 37th round pick in the 2006 draft.
- He has 14 games of major league experience, all of which came in September of 2011 as a Met. He posted a 6.92 ERA over 13 innings in those outings.
- He split time between AA and AAA for most of the year in 2011, pitching as a reliever in AA but making 13 starts and posting a 7.44 ERA in AAA.
- Over six minor league seasons he has a 4.20 ERA in 192 games, has struck out six batters per nine and walked 3.4.
- He's only pitched in three major league games this spring.
To be honest, I'm not sure what led the Brewers to be interested in this guy. I'm assuming he has options remaining and will start the year with Huntsville or Nashville.
UPDATE: Stinson has been optioned to Huntsville, and has another option remaining for 2013.