News and Notes:
- In a season where they have played above their head so far and expectations remain low, the Astros can still be expected to be sellers this summer.
- Aneury Rodriguez must be getting used to the trip between Houston and Oklahoma City. Rodriguez was immediately sent back to Triple-A after his start Tuesday night to make room for the returning Rhiner Cruz.
- A cross up with reliever Mitchell Boggs in the ninth inning of Tuesday's game resulted in a bruised hand for catcher Yadier Molina.
- The Cubs victory yesterday was a tad unusual.
- They may not be the Rays just yet, but defensive strategies have had early positive returns for the team. Here's manager Dale Sveum's thoughts on the subject.
- Dale Sveum will return to Milwaukee this weekend and Matt Garza is scheduled to return to the mound as well against the Brewers.
- When your club is spurred to a possible hot streak by Rod Barajas you have definitely seen better days.
- Yesterday's win over the Brewers was a milestone victory for manager Dusty Baker.
Today is a pretty slow day around the division.
The Brewers have a day off after losing two-of-three against the Reds before welcoming the Cubs to Miller Park for a series beginning tomorrow.
The Astros finished up a home stand yesterday and will begin a road trip starting tomorrow night in Pittsburgh.
The Cardinals also have a day off today. They return home and begin a series against the Braves tomorrow.
Continuing the trend, the Cubs also have an off day today. They start a weekend series at Miller Park tomorrow.
Hey, the Pirates actually play today! They wrap up their series against the Nationals with a game beginning tonight at 6:05 p.m. CDT. Kevin Correia (1-2) is scheduled to pitch for Pittsburgh. Steven Strausburg (2-0) will make the start for the Nats.
The Reds are off today before beginning a series against the Washington Nationals tomorrow night in Cincinnati.