The Brewers didn't have a hit in the game until Ryan Braun led off the seventh with an infield single and advanced to third on two Royals errors. After Aramis Ramirez walked Taylor Green flew out down the left field line, and Alex Gordon caught Braun trying to score the game-tying run.
2) George Kottaras' ninth inning strikeout: -.211 WPA
The Brewers had runners on first and third with one out and a chance to tie the game in the ninth, but George Kottaras (pinch hitting for Cody Ransom) struck out for the second out.
Aramis Ramirez walked in the seventh, advanced to second on the play at the plate when Ryan Braun was thrown out, and was able to score on this two-out single to tie the game at one.
4) Ryan Braun's seventh inning single and two errors: +.177 WPA (Video)
As noted above, this was the Brewers' first (and only) hit against Luis Mendoza, and it gave the Crew a chance to tie the game in the seventh.
Brooks Conrad (pinch-hitting for Martin Maldonado) ended the game with this grounder to short.
The next five:
6) Rickie Weeks' ninth inning single: +.149 WPA
7) Alex Gordon's eighth inning double: -.133 WPA
8) Billy Butler's eighth inning RBI single: -.128 WPA (Video)
9) Aramis Ramirez's ninth inning single: +.115 WPA
10) Ryan Braun's eighth inning fly out: -.108 WPA
And the win expectancy graph: