News and Notes:
- Do we have a spitball-gate on our hands? Unsurprisingly Jose Valverde has gone on the record denying it.
- The Reds have signed No. 14 pick, high-school right-hander, Nick Travieso.
- In other draft news the Cardinals and first round pick Michael Wacha have agreed to terms.
- The transition to Triple-A for Shelby Miller, the Cardinals 2009 first round pick, hasn't gone to plan.
- Zach Cozart was out of the lineup Tuesday due to the flu, which, apparently, is sweeping through the Reds' clubhouse.
- The Cubs have fired hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo. Is he just the first of many to be shown the door?
- First base prospect Anthony Rizzo was forced to leave Tuesday's game at Triple-A Iowa early due to a right knee injury. Rizzo is not expected to miss an extended amount of time and is listed as day to day.
- Carlos Lee is nearing a return with a rehab assignment. Outfielder Travis Buck has resumed jogging but isn't close to a return. The Reds aren't the only team dealing with the flu - outfielder Jordan Schafer was ruled out of Tuesday's game due to flu-like symptoms.
- Astros manager Brad Mills will be reevaluated at the end of the season. The Astros hold a club option on his contract for 2013.
- No. 1 pick Carlos Correa worked out for the first time as a pro with the Astros on Tuesday morning.
- Matt Holliday was back in the Cardinals' lineup Tuesday after missing the past two games due to back spasms.
|Away||Home||Time||Away Probable||Home Probable|
|Brewers||Royals||7:10||Randy Wolf (2-5)||Jonathan Sanchez (1-2)|
|Astros||Giants||9:15||J.A. Happ (4-6)||Matt Cain (7-2)|
|White Sox||Cardinals||7:15||Jake Peavy (6-1)||Lance Lynn (9-2)|
|Tigers||Cubs||7:05||Rick Porcello (3-4)||Matt Garza (2-4)|
|Pirates||Orioles||6:05||Kevin Correia (2-5)||Brian Matusz (5-6)|
|Indians||Reds||6:10||Derek Lowe (7-4)||Mat Latos (4-2)|