News and Notes:
- That Kevin Youkilis is being shopped isn't a secret. One team interested in a possible deal, however, might be a bit of a surprise.
- There is a good chance Ryan Dempster will be moved by the Cubs this summer. His trade value may have taken a hit after the club have placed the right-hander on the 15-day disabled list.
- The Cubs are apparently readying themselves for the arrival of first base prospect Anthony Rizzo.
- Geovany Soto has been activated from the disabled list by the Cubs who, in a corresponding move, optioned Wellington Castillo to Triple-A Iowa.
- The Reds may be in first place but they have not gotten there without their fair share of injuries. Here is an update on several of their injured players.
- Scott Rolen returned to the starting lineup for Cincinnati in Monday night's interleague opener against the Indians in Cleveland.
- The No. 1 overall pick of this month's draft, Carlos Correa, made his pro debut for the GCL Astros on Monday.
- The Astros have announced the signing of first supplemental round pick Lance McCullers.
- Like the Reds, the Astros have also been dealing with their fair share of injuries.
- Cardinals right-hander Chris Carpenter is continuing his rehab path back to the mound.
- Prospect Shelby Miller has had a less than stellar season to date. The Cardinals have made adjustments with him by imposing a "no-shake" rule on the right-hander.
|Away||Home||Time||Away Probable||Home Probable|
|Blue Jays||Brewers||7:10||Jesse Chavez (0-0)||Tyler Thornburg (0-0)|
|Royals||Astros||7:05||Luke Hochevar (3-7)||Wandy Rodriguez (6-4)|
|Cardinals||Tigers||6:05||Lance Lynn (10-2)||Justin Verlander (6-4)|
|Cubs||White Sox||7:10||Travis Wood (0-3)||Jake Peavy (6-2)|
|Twins||Pirates||6:05||Scott Diamond (5-2)||Kevin Correia (2-6)|
|Reds||Indians||6:05||Mike Leake (2-5)||Josh Tomlin (3-4)|