My weekly appearance on The Home Stretch with Justin Hull on AM 1570/95.3 FM The Score in Appleton was a SuperShow this week, as we were joined by J.P. Cadorin of Time Warner Cable Sports 32 for a three man booth. We talked Brewers for a full hour this week, covering these topics:
- ESPN's Battle of the Ballparks, the failures involved in the concept and the way Jim Caple handled it when he didn't get the result he wanted.
- Where Miller Park actually ranks among ballparks we've seen, and why so many fans took it personally when it was seeded 24th.
- John Axford and the challenges of being expected to pitch a scoreless inning every time out.
- Kameron Loe and Justin's assertion that he's the single most reliable reliever in the bullpen.
- Tim Dillard, Manny Parra, Mike McClendon and whether or not the back end of the Brewer bullpen is better or worse than other teams'.
- The possibility of a Zack Greinke trade, when it's appropriate to decide and whether the Brewers should look to improve a certain area of the team if making a deal.
- Mark Attanasio as "the final say," and whether or not it's appropriate for him to be making final decisions instead of simply trusting his baseball people to figure it out.
- The Timber Rattlers and their second half prognosis.