News and Notes:
- Ken Rosenthal has some thoughts on the Astros and Cubs in his latest video over at Fox Sports.
- Jay Bruce was a healthy scratch from the Reds' starting lineup for Saturday's game against the Astros and starter Wandy Rodriguez.
- It's a good thing they waited a whole two months or so to come to this conclusion.
- After being declared a Free Agent yesterday, the Astros are one of the likely many who are considering signing Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler.
- The Astros have placed Travis Buck on the 15-day disabled list and have replaced him on the active roster with outfielder Fernando Martinez who was called up from Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- MLB Trade Rumors has a slew of Cubs rumors to ponder over.
- Bud Norris, who was forced to leave his last start on Thursday against the Rockies in the second inning, is set to make his next start as scheduled.
- Carlos Lee's injured left hamstring is a cause for concern according to manager Brad Mills.
- The State College Spikes, the Class-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates, are considering cutting ties with the organization.
- The question of instant replay was sure to emerge following the sixth inning call in Friday night's no-hitter. Saturday night wasn't much better for the Cards as they were shut out for the second straight game and Lance Lynn got hit hard early in their loss to the Mets.
|Away||Home||Time||Away Probable||Home Probable|
|Pirates||Brewers||1:10||James McDonald (4-2)||Michael Fiers (1-0)|
|Reds||Astros||1:05||Bronson Arroyo (2-3)||Jordan Lyles (0-1)|
|Cardinals||Mets||7:05||Jake Westbrook (4-4)||Jon Niese (3-2)|
|Cubs||Giants||3:05||Travis Wood (0-1)||Barry Zito (4-2)|