There was so much Brewer news to cover that we extended this week's appearance on The Home Stretch with Justin Hull on AM 1570 The Score in Appleton into a second hour. Here are some of the things we discussed:
- Is it fair to call the 3-3 week to open the homestand a disappointment?
- When, if ever, does this Brewer team need to decide if they're going to sell before the trade deadline?
- Doug Melvin, Mark Attanasio and the difference between their two jobs regarding public relations.
- Could this team consider trading an outfielder and if so, who?
- Randy Wolf and the situations where it would/would not make sense for the team to release him.
- The importance of this weekend's Padres series.
- The three teams ahead of the Brewers in the NL Central and their various weaknesses.
For all of that and to hear me tell Justin "it only takes one bad pair of legs to ruin pants-optional Friday," check out the archived audio. It's divided into three easy-to-swallow installments here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
If you haven't already, make plans to listen in when I'm back on The Home Stretch next Friday at 2.