A few hours before last night's game friend of the site Justin Hull of 95.3 FM/AM 1570 The Score in Appleton and I sat down to wrap up the Thursday edition of The Home Stretch with an hour of Brewer talk covering a variety of topics. Here are some of the things we discussed this week:
- We opened the show by taking turns attempting to find positives in the Brewers' 1-5 road trip. (We found seven!)
- Francisco Rodriguez and the possibility that his back-to-back solid outings are a sign that he's bouncing back and/or open the door for the Brewers to trade him in a waiver deal.
- The closer situation for 2013 and the value of internal vs external options.
- Assigning blame for the 2012 season.
- Ron Roenicke, the things this season that are/are not his fault and a conversation about bunting.
- The possibility that this team lacks in leadership with Prince Fielder gone, and whether or not it's fair to expect Ryan Braun to fill that role.
We've shifting the schedule a bit for my Home Stretch appearances going forward: Look for me to be there again sometime around Wednesday, August 29.