The last man ever to win a game at County Stadium turns 42 today.
Dessens had moved on to Cincinnati for the 2000 season when he got his first real full-time opportunity and became the answer to a trivia question: On September 28 of that year he became the last pitcher ever to win a game at County Stadium. He pitched a complete game (the first of his career) two-hitter as the Reds beat the Brewers 8-1.
All told Dessens pitched 14 seasons in the majors, including 12 games as a Brewer in 2007. He has a career 4.44 ERA over 1174.1 innings, and made a playoff appearance as a member of the 2004 Dodgers.
- 2012 Brevard County Manatee Reggie Keen, who turns 25.
- 2012 Brevard County Manatee Eric Marzec, who turns 25.
- 2005-07 Brewer Jose Capellan, who turns 32.
- 1985-88 Brewer Billy Joe Robidoux, who turns 49. We covered his birthday in this space last year.
- 1988 Brewer Odell Jones, who turns 60.
- 1979 Brewer Bob Galasso, who turns 61.