Editors note: The Brewers are unveiling the Wall of Honor today. With that, let's resurface this quiz.
A few seconds after I published this morning's Frosty Mug, the Brewers officially announced plans to build a "Wall of Honor" outside Miller Park in 2014. This is in addition to the club's "Walk of Fame," which features players voted on by members of the media and Brewers officials. Instead, the Wall of Honor will feature retired players and others who meet any of the following criteria:
- 2000 or more plate appearances
- 1000 or more innings pitched
- 250 games pitched
- Winners of major awards (MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year or Fireman of the Year)
- Manager of a pennant-winning team
- Subject of a statue outside Miller Park
- Member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame
When the Wall is unveiled in 2014 it will feature 58 plaques. How many of them can you name in ten minutes?
There are no hints in the quiz, but the honorees listed are in alphabetical order to help you out a bit. The quiz also features seven "bonus" answers: players who will qualify for the Wall once they retire, but are still active.
If the quiz isn't displaying correctly for you here or you'd simply prefer to take it over there, follow this link to play the quiz at Sporcle.com.
Please post your score in the comments below, but also remember that comments on this post may contain spoilers. If you get all 58 answers correct, post your time along with your score in the comments.
If you've finished this quiz and would like another challenge, here are this offseason's other Thinkers:
- Name the Brewers who have appeared in more games than Corey Hart.
- Name the Brewers with career OBPs above .350.
- Name the 15 players who have played first base for the Brewers since Prince Fielder.
- Name the Brewers who have hit 25 or more home runs in a season.
- Name the nine Brewers under contract for 2014 (as of November 14).
- Name the 12 relievers that have faced the Brewers at least 25 times since 2007.
- Name the 28 position players who have made at least 200 plate appearances against the Brewers since 2007.
- Name the 18 starting pitchers who have faced the Brewers eleven times or more since 2007.
- Name the eight former Brewers who have appeared in the 2013 postseason.
- Name all 40 members of the 2013 Milwaukee Brewers.
You can also check out the archives for all of last winter's quizzes.
Have fun, and don't forget to post your score in the comments!