All right guys, here are some inexpensive moves that I think the Brewers should make. Lemme know what you think.
1. Trade Juan Francisco for Logan Morrison. The Marlins need a third baseman and although I like Francisco's power, I'd rather have LoMo's bat than Francisco's and that's pretty much what this trade would come down to for me.
2. Sign Kevin Youkilis 1/6M with a vesting option. This would be low risk high reward signing. However if Youk proves healthy it will be a welcome addition to both the lineup and clubhouse.
3. Sign Suk-Min Yoon. Seems like a 3/4 starter to me. The second best pitcher out of Korea should come relatively cheap considering he has no MLB experience. A poor man's version of Tanaka essentially.
4. Sign Jerry Hairston Jr. Backup at almost any position and would give insurance at third in case Youk gets injured.
5. Trade Gallardo and Weeks to the Yankees for pitching prospects(Banuelos, Mitchell) Even if we have to take Ichiro I'd do it. We need some young upside pitching.
6. Trade Aramis Ramirez to Phillies. The Phillies are going win now and they want to trade Papelbon. As long as they throw in a prospect or two I'd swap Aramis for Papelbon. Their contracts pretty much cancel each other out anyway.Pap's not a bad player to have and we'd get some more prospects(Adam Morgan maybe?)
7. Sign Joba Chamberlain 2/5M Another low risk high reward player. I still think he could be good in Milwaukee.
All right guys so the lineup, rotation, and bullpen would look like this:
So, from my point of view, it looks like good lineup, shut down bullpen, and possibly solid rotation. what are your thoughts?