W: Wily Peralta (1-0)
L: Scott Snodgress (0-1)
S: Michael Olmsted (1)
HR: Khris Davis (1), Josh Prince (1), Josh Bell (1)
Perhaps stretches like the last week just exist to make us appreciate days like today more.
The Brewers won for the first time in six tries today behind solid pitching and home runs from Khris Davis and Josh Prince, the #8 and 9 hitters in their lineup.
Wily Peralta made his first start of the spring and showed no signs of the shoulder stiffness that's held him out to this point, pitching two scoreless innings with two hits, no walks and no strikeouts. Mike Fiers followed him to the mound and worked three innings, allowing a run on three hits but walking none while striking out three.
Today's other news:
- The solo home run Michael Olmsted allowed in the ninth was only the second hit he's given up in three outings this spring.
- Johnny Hellweg pitched a pair of scoreless, hitless innings today, allowing one walk and striking out one.
- Caleb Gindl scored two of the Brewers' runs today and was on base three times with two walks and a single.
- Gindl, Davis and Prince accounted for all four Brewer runs and RBI.
- Rickie Weeks singled in the first inning for his first hit of the spring.
The Brewers hit the road tomorrow to take on the Rockies at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale. Tom Gorzelanny is scheduled to start in his Cactus League debut.