Terribleness abound! - Jamie Squire
Yahoo! sponsored this Yahoo! sponsored post sponsored by Yahoo!.
Yahoo! says they'll give us money if we run a league on their fantasy baseball service, so we are!
Unfortunately, this post won't matter to many of you. Except that, hopefully, the way we are doing this league might be fun to follow along with!
For those of you looking for the other BCB leagues, I am working on that now! Look for a new fanpost, coming soon.
Why will it be fun? Because it's going to be terrible! Literally! The only players that will be allowed will be those from the worst teams in the league: The Astros, Twins, Marlins, Padres, Indians, Cubs, Rockies, Pirates, and Mariners! (List subject to change) If anyone tries to draft/acquire a player from another team, I will use my commish powers to forcibly release that player.
If a player is traded from an ineligible team to an eligible team, that player becomes available to use! Hopefully I can use the waiver process to make this more fair.
EXTRA TWIST: At the beginning of each month, a random eligible team will become ineligible and any players from that team on rosters will be removed. In it's place, a new under-.500 team will be eligible! Again, hopefully I can make a waivers process come into play here.
I couldn't hold open signup for this, so I made up a group of BrewCrewBall all-stars. Here are the competitors for this league:
Here is a link to the league page, if you're interested in looking at it. The settings aren't really official.
I hope it will be fun. Maybe I'll do monthly updates as teams are dropped and added.
Here are some talking points I'm supposed to include:
- Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available – all for free!
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
- The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
- Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Friday’s 8–10pm EST
- Don’t miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
- Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
- Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.
Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.