HR: Scooter Gennett (!), Martin Maldonado (3), Jay Bruce (11)
MVP: Martin Maldonado (+.303 WPA)
LVP: Burke Badenhop (-.370)
This recap is late, but at least it's got an alliterative headline.
I improbably ended up at a tractor pull tonight, so I didn't see any of this one and only heard a little. It was 3-3 in the tenth when I got back to the car and by the time I was home Jay Bruce had ended it with a walkoff home run off Burke Badenhop.
If I had opted to stay inside, here are some of the things I might have enjoyed:
- Another quality start for Kyle Lohse, the Brewers' fifth in a row.
- Scooter Gennett's first MLB home run, a solo shot off Bronson Arroyo in the third inning.
- Three hits for both Gennett and Logan Schafer.
- Martin Maldonado's RBI HBP and game-tying solo home run.
- Jean Segura's third inning bunt single to extend his hitting streak to ten games.
- Twelve Brewer hits that somehow translated into just three runs.
- The privilege of not inhaling diesel exhaust steadily for multiple hours.
- Full usage of my hearing.