Now that the 2013 draft has wrapped up, the Brewers face the task of getting these guys signed and assigned to their first professional teams. We'll update this post as we learn who's signed and where they're headed.
Last update: June 19, 8:21 am
- The Brewers officially announced 22 draft signings on Tuesday. Most were players we've already heard about, but the list also includes 21st round pick Tristan Archer and 34th round pick Dylan Brock.
- @Mass_Haas reports that 15th round pick David Denson has signed.
- He also notes that 36th round pick Jesse Weiss is on Helena's roster, so he must have signed.
Previous update: June 18, 7:48 am
- @Mass_Haas reports that 23rd round pick Eric Williams and 31st round pick Tanner Poppe have signed. Williams is the bigger story here, as he was a high school outfielder out of Texas.
Previous update: June 17, 8:58 am
- Tenth round pick Michael Ratterree has signed, according to @Mass_Haas.
- 27th round pick Tyler Alexander tweets that he's signed.
Previous update: June 14, 8:53 am
@Mass_Haas reports that 17th round pick Brandon Moore has signed.
Previous update: June 11, 9:36 pm
- Jim Callis of Baseball America (via Adam McCalvy) reports third round pick Barrett Astin has signed for $584,300. Astin will start his pro career as a starter.
- Via @Mass_Haas, we now know that fourth round pick Taylor Williams is on board for $400,000.
- 13th round pick Tanner Norton is under contract as of Monday, according to a poster at Brewerfan.net.
- 18th round pick Clint Terry reports that he's signed and is headed to Arizona.
- 28th round pick Alex Moore tweets that his contract is official.
- 39th round pick Jack Cleary tweets that he's signed.
Previous update from June 10:
- Adam McCalvy reports he's hearing the Brewers have worked out a deal with #54 overall pick Devin Williams, but it's not official. Williams tweeted that he's heading to Milwaukee Wednesday and Arizona on Thursday.
- Patrick Ebert of Perfect Game tweets that #72 overall pick Tucker Neuhaus has agreed to terms and will receive a $771,000 signing bonus, which is exactly slot value for his draft position.
- The Brewer Nation spotted a Twitter conversation between fifth round pick Josh Uhen, 25th round pick Drew Gelfhi and 38th round pick Charlie Markson that implies that all three have signed and Uhen and Markson are headed to Helena.
- Sixth round pick Garrett Cooper, a college senior first baseman from Auburn, tweeted today that he's signing his contract tomorrow.
- Seventh round pick Omar Garcia, a center fielder from Miami Dade Community College, tweets that he's "officially a Milwaukee Brewer."
- Tom Haudricourt reports that eighth round pick Brandon Diaz has agreed to terms.
- Ninth round pick Tyler Linehan says his contract is official and tweeted a picture of himself in a Brewer hat.
- Eleventh round pick Andy Hillis reports that he's signed his contract and is headed to Helena.
- 24th round pick Eric Razo, a pitcher from Illinois State, tweeted that he's heading to Montana on Monday (presumably to join Helena, otherwise it's a remarkable coincidence).
Some of the above are confirmed, but assuming they're accurate the Brewers have reached agreements with 26 of their 40 draft picks. Their top remaining unsigned pick would be 12th round pick Trevor Seidenberger, an pitcher from TCU who they selected #362 overall.