It's that time of year again. With pitchers & catchers reported, it's time to start preparing for another season of fantasy baseball. This year, there will be three of us running the games. NPetrashek, brewerspug, and I will each run one league. This will allow us to each focus on one league and make it as good as possible.
We are still working on the particulars behind the league, but we want to get the signups going because of the quick turnaround to the start of the season. At the bottom of the post is a Google form, fill this out to sign up for the league. The form is private, and the only people that will see any of your information is the three of us that are running the leagues. If you don't sign up using the provided form, you are not officially signed up. If this is an issue, let us know in the comments.
The deadline to sign-up is Sunday, March 9th. If you sign up after this date, we cannot guarantee you a spot in a league. As long as you sign up by March 9th, we will find room for you. We are planning for 3 leagues right now, but if interest is high enough we will look into putting a fourth league together.
You must be a member of Brew Crew Ball (and in good standing) to participate. If you are not a member of BCB yet, sign up is easy. You just need a SB Nation account and then click on the appropriate link on the BCB site to join.
Also, please make sure to answer the questions about your preferences for a league. All leagues will be run on ESPN. Here are the questions to answer for preference:
Draft Type: Two types of drafts are available.
- Snake: Owners take turns choosing a player from the available player pool. The pick order is reversed after each round.
- Auction: Owners are given a preset budget and bid on players with that budget. Owners take turns nominating players and then bid on that player.
Scoring Type: Five scoring types are available.
- H2H Each Category: Each week, two teams match up in 10+ different statistical categories. At the end of the week, results are based on how many categories an owner won or lost. (In this type of league, you will accumulate records similar to 6-3-1 each week.) At the end of the season, the teams with the best records will make the playoffs to determine the league winner.
- H2H Most Categories: Each week, two teams match up in 10+ different statistical categories. At the end of the week, whoever wins the most categories wins the week. (In this type of league, you will only get 1 win or loss each week based on how many categories you won.) At the end of the season, the teams with the best records will make the playoffs to determine the league winner.
- H2H Points: Each week, two teams match up and try to outscore the other. Stats from 10+ categories are assigned a point value, and points are accumulated through the week. At the end of the week, whoever has the most points wins the week. At the end of the season, the teams with the best records will make the playoffs to determine the league winner.
- Rotisserie: Stats are accumulated for 10+ different statistical categories throughout the season. Owners are given a point total based on their current rank in each category to make up a total score. At the end of the season, whoever has the highest score wins the league.
- Most Points: Stats from 10+ categories are assigned a point value, and points are accumulated throughout the season. At the end of the season, whoever has the most points wins the league.
Draft Preference: Here, we just need any notes that you have for a league draft date. Some things to consider when filling this out:
- What days of the week work for you
- What time of day works for you
- If you want to be in a draft that occurs before the Australia series
The first games will be played on March 22nd in Australia, though the season won't begin in full until March 30th. Ideally, we would like to draft before the Australia series, but some drafts may occur after this date. If drafts occur after this date, the Australia series stats will still count for whoever you draft into your starting slots.
That's all we have for now. Use the form below to sign up, and post any questions you have in the comments below. Also, feel free to use the comments for trash talk, showing off your team name, suggestions for scoring categories, or anything else related to fantasy baseball. We will have another post around the first weekend of March to give you more specific details about the leagues.
Enjoy the season and good luck.
(Edit: It doesn't like me embedding the form into the page. Instead, use the provided link to sign up.)