Week 1 of Prognostikeggers is done. It was low scoring, but a good start to the season. We only had 12 correct predictions, though a wide variety of points were awarded. In the end, it was the one person that made two correct predictions who won the week. Here are the results:
|Oakland Brewer Fan||6|
After looking at the results, I think I'm going to add something back in to the predictions next week. If you have ideas for what you would like to see, let me know in the comments. However, this week everything is the same as last week. You get six predictions, use them how you want. Some potential ideas for predictions:
- Sausage race winner: 3 points
- MVP by WPA: 3 points
- Calling a home run: 2 to 4 points, depending on which player you choose
- Predict the runs or hits exactly: 3 points
Here is a reminder of the rules:
- All registered users of Brew Crew Ball are eligible to play.
- Predictions for a game must be made by the first pitch time of the game. Once a game has started, no more predictions are allowed for that game.
- You can make as many predictions as you want for each game, but predictions will only be counted until you hit your weekly maximum number of predictions (equal to the number of games that week). In the event extra predictions are made, only the first predictions made will be counted.
- Each correct prediction will earn between 0 and 5 points. Points will be assigned based mainly on rarity but also a little on creativity. I will be the sole judge on prediction points.
- Points will be tracked from week to week, though I won't keep cumulative points this year between the weeks. (This may change later on.)
- There are no prizes for this other than bragging rights.
Are you ready for this? Let's start Week 2.