The Brewers built an early 5-0 lead, but the Orioles put together comeback with six runs in three innings. It went down to the end of the ninth inning, and Jonathan Lucroy just beat out an infield single to tie the game. With the bench emptied from the first nine innings, the Brewers had to turn to Yovani Galardo to pinch-hit following an intentional walk to Mark Reynolds. He came through with a walk-off double to send the Brewers home winners.
Kyle Lohse is potentially having his best season.
Could Kyle Lohse be having the best season of his career this year? The numbers suggest that he may be putting that together. As we reach the 1/3 mark of the season, Derek looked at what could be Kyle Lohse's best season yet. There's a lot of the season to play, so anything can happen. We will have to wait and see how he progresses for the rest of the year.
We still don't know who the Brewers will draft in the first round.
The MLB first-year player draft will take place next week, and there's no general consensus on who the Brewers will take. They have a lot of potential choices, though they could really use a first-round pick that will develop into a star player. Projections are coming out about who the Brewers will take, and Noah looked at some of those projections yesterday. There's many ways to go here, and many different perspectives on what to do. For now, all we can really do is wait.
- Jonah Keri of Grantland dropped the Brewers one spot to #5.
- MLB.com has the Brewers down two spots to #6.
- If you would rather have a power rankings of Brewers players, David S. Grant of Reviewing the Brew has one for you.
- Khris Davis recently received a threat over Twitter, and it caused some concern and distracted him for a few days. Joe DiGiovanni of MLB.com has details on the situation.
- Aramis Ramirez took some ground balls at third base on Tuesday and is progressing in his rehab.
- After the debacle running mistake to end the ninth inning on Monday, Ron Roenicke defended his decision to have Elian Herrera run on contact. He also noted that Francisco Rodriguez is working on recovering his command.
- Despite his talent, Marco Estrada has continued to struggle with allowing home runs this season. Justin Schultz of Reviewing the Brew looks at Estrada's struggles this season.
- Rookie pitchers have played a role in recent playoff runs for teams, and Jimmy Nelson could do that for the Brewers. Ben Tannenbaum looks at how Jimmy Nelson could help the Brewers.
- Have we seen all we are going to see from Logan Schafer? Benjamin Orr of Reviewing the Brew wonders if it is time for the Brewers and Logan Schafer to part ways.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||27-26||Colorado Springs 2, Nashville 0||Colorado Springs @ Nashville|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||35-17||Huntsville 2, Tennessee 1||Tennessee @ Huntsville|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||26-24||Brevard County 2, St. Lucie 1||St. Lucie @ Brevard County|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||24-27||Wisconsin 6, Clinton 2
Clinton 4, Wisconsin 3
|Wisconsin @ Cedar Rapids|
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
Today's Division Games
- Pirates (Charlie Morton) @ Mets (Bartolo Colon) - 12:15 pm
- Cubs (Edwin Jackson) @ Giants (Tim Lincecum) - 2:45 pm
- Yankees (Hiroki Kuroda) @ Cardinals (Shelby Miller) - 7:15 pm
- Reds (Homer Bailey) @ Dodgers (Clayton Kershaw) - 9:10 pm
The rubber match of the series against the Orioles takes place tonight. Both starting pitchers actually played last night, as Bud Norris faces off against Yovani Gallardo. First pitch is at 7:10 pm, and Alec Shirkey of MLB.com has the preview.