Yovani Gallardo's struggles continue as he gave up six runs in five innings last night, allowing eight hits and a walk with six strikeouts. Most of the damage came on two home runs, a three-run shot in the third and a two-run shot in the fifth. The Brewers put up four runs and had the tying run at the plate in the ninth, but couldn't complete a comeback and fell to the Twins.
The Brewers have options for the first pick in the draft.
With the MLB Draft tomorrow, the Brewers have been doing their research for the draft. Of course, with the MLB Draft, no one really knows how anything beyond the first few picks will go. Derek has some thoughts on how it could play out, going through some possibilities for that first pick by the Brewers. There's no way to know for sure what the Brewers will go for with that pick. At least we know what some of the possibilities could be.
No Brewers are currently in the starting lineup for the All-Star game.
The second update for the All-Star game came out yesterday for the NL, and the Brewers currently don't occupy any starting spots on the roster. Adam McCalvy has the details from the last voting update, including current totals and positions. Ryan Braun fell from the starters in the outfield, but is still in striking distance, along with Carlos Gomez, who made some progress. Meanwhile, Jonathan Lucroy moved up to third, and Aramis Ramirez fell to third. It's surprising the Brewers don't have more for starters considering their record, but there's still time to make up ground.
- How well do you know the Brewers drafts? Try this quiz from yesterday and see if you name early round picks from the last several Brewers drafts.
- Ben Tannenbaum of The Brewers Bar analyzed how the Brewers draft, their success in different rounds and some of their hits and misses.
- Aramis Ramirez is expected to return from the DL today, and will play DH for his first game back.
- During last night's game, a fan fell into the bullpen in the seventh inning, and he had to be taken to the hospital. Reports are that the fan is ok.
- What would the value of Kendrys Morales be to the Brewers? Jonathan Judge of Disciples of Uecker looks at what his value would be and if it would be worth it.
- Brandon Kintzler has been struggling this season, but the Brewers are letting him work through it. Adam McCalvy has some quotes from Kintzler on his situation.
- Yesterday some members of the Brewers took part in a groundbreaking event for Fisher House Wisconsin. John of the John & Cait blog has some coverage from the event.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||32-28||Iowa 4, Nashville 2||OFF|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||39-20||Jackson 9, Huntsville 6||Huntsville @ Jackson|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||29-28||Charlotte 6, Brevard County 4||Bradenton @ Brevard County|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||26-31||OFF||Cedar Rapids @ Wisconsin|
|DSL Brewers||R||2-1||DSL Brewers 11, DSL Angels 4||DSL Brewers @ DSL Angels|
News & Notes
- Tom Gorzelanny pitched for Nashville last night, allowing a hit and striking out two in an inining.
- Alec posted his report of the Brewers minor league system for the month of May.
- Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects went back through Bruce Seid's first five drafts with some of the best and worst picks in each.
- Lee Warren of Minor League Ball looks around the Pacific Coast League at some notes from the different teams, including Nashville.
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
Today's Division Games
- Pirates (Francisco Liriano) @ Padres (Ian Kennedy) - 5:40 pm
- Giants (Ryan Vogelsong) @ Reds (Tony Cingrani) - 6:10 pm
- Mets (Daisuke Matsuzaka) @ Cubs (Edwin Jackson) - 7:05 pm
- Cardinals (Adam Wainwright) @ Royals (Jason Vargas) - 7:10 pm
The Brewers and Twins change venues and continue their series in Minnesota tonight. Marco Estrada makes the start for the Brewers, and Ricky Nolasco opposes for the Twins. First pitch is at 7:10 pm.