The Brewers had the day off.
There's an early game today, so we're going to jump right into the cram session.
- MLB.com has the Brewers at #2.
- ESPN kept the Brewers at #2.
- Jonah Keri of Grantland held the Brewers steady at #2.
- Sports Illustrated continued the trend of the Brewers at #2.
- Fox Sports also placed the Brewers at #2.
- Noah kicked off our midseason review series yesterday with his take on the first half of the season.
- A few trade rumors have started popping up around Rickie Weeks. One of those came from the Blue Jays, who aren't interested in acquiring Weeks.
- With the season over halfway done, Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com compared this year's Brewers team to the 2011 playoff team at the same point in the season.
- Ryan Braun is having a tough year by his standards, even though his numbers are still good compared to other normal players. Adam Wieser looks at a dilemma that Braun is at the center of.
- Zach Duke has had a jump in strikeout rate this year, and Neil Weinberg of Beyond the Box Score looks at the reason for the increased strikeouts.
- Wily Peralta has had to overcome some emotional struggles while pitching to become a better pitcher. Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel looks at how he has dealt with those struggles.
- Plunk Everyone notes that Aramis Ramirez took his 116th career plunking on Sunday.
- The Brewers are offering $7 tickets for 777 minutes today. The Brewer Nation blog has details on the promotion.
- In one of the more embarrassing stories of the day yesterday, Deadspin discovered some confidential trade conversations from the Houston Astros were leaked.
Minor League Update
|Nashville Sounds||AAA||44-41||Nashville 9, Memphis 4||Memphis @ Nashville|
|Huntsville Stars||AA||53-29||Mississippi 6, Huntsville 0||Huntsville @ Mississippi|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||44-33||OFF||Brevard County @ Daytona|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||42-38||Burlington 4, Wisconsin 3||Cedar Rapids @ Wisconsin|
|DSL Brewers||R||13-13||DSL Braves 5, DSL Brewers 1||DSL Yankees2 @ DSL Brewers|
|Helena Brewers||R||6-8||Billings 12, Helena 8||Great Falls @ Helena|
|AZL Brewers||R||6-3||AZL Mariners 6, AZL Brewers 5||AZL Brewers @ AZL Mariners|
News & Notes
- Kyle was at yesterday's Timber Rattler's game. He has a preview from before the game, as well as a recap of the game.
- Orlando Arcia was named the Florida State League Player of the Week. Adam Berry of MLB.com also has a profile of Arcia.
- Bernie Pleskoff of MLB.com looks at Nick Ramirez and the power he has shown in the minors.
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects has a photo gallery from yesterday's Wisconsin Timber Rattlers game.
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for a more in-depth look at yesterday's minor league results.
Today's Division Games
- Diamondbacks (Wade Miley) @ Pirates (Jeff Locke) - 6:05 pm
- Cubs (Edwin Jackson) @ Red Sox (Clay Buchholz) - 6:10 pm
- Reds (Mike Leake) @ Padres (Ian Kennedy) - 9:10 pm
- Cardinals (Marco Gonzales) @ Giants (Tim Lincecum) - 9:15 pm
The Brewers open up a quick two-game series in Toronto today. Marco Estrada will face Drew Hutchinson in the first game of the series. First pitch is at 12:07 pm, and David Adler of MLB.com has the preview.