In the middle of the second, Cuba and the Dominican are scoreless. Also in the second inning, the Brewers are up to a quick 1-0 lead over San Diego. Looks like easy going for Zach JACKSON so far.
Some items worth checking out:
- At Al's Ramblings, Eric takes a look at Rickie Weeks' and Carlos Lee's baserunning. It'll be interesting to watch if those two improve their ability to take the extra base this year, with a different cast of coaches to help.
- If you head over to MLB.com right now, you'll see one of the most dreadful puns in the headline: "Semi-Colon." That's New York tabloid-worthy. Semifinals? Bartolo Colon? Yeah.
- Marc Normandin has a team preview of our neighbors to the northwest and "rivals" in Interleague play. Don't miss his writeup on Tony Batista. I got a preview last night before he posted it and just recently stopped laughing.
- There's a new Brewers blog on the block: From Robin to Rickie. I might've chosen "From Clutterbuck to Durrington," but to each their own. Each of FRTR's two writers posted something interesting yesterday: one of the recent dearth of pitching in the system, and one on a unique trade idea.
- And last, Daron has another installment in his Eavesdropping series.
Lots of good stuff--only a bit more than two weeks till Opening Day, and the momentum keeps building. In the meantime, DO NOT MISS the Japan-Korea game tonight. 9:00 PM CT. There will be a quiz at 2:00 AM.