The Phillies are the hottest team in baseball. It's not even close. They've won 13 of their last 14, their first baseman is hitting game-winning home runs in the middle of debilitating illness, and they haven't seemed to notice that their centerfielder nearly killed himself. Understandably, they're all pretty happy over at The Good Phight.
But, powered by a fearsome lineup (Bill Hall in center, Damian Miller behind the plate) and 2006 Cy Young Award winner Chris Capuano on the hill, they have a new challenge ahead of them. Tonight the Crew faces Cory Lidle, the one pitcher to have lost in Philly's current streak. The Phils will be phortunate to phlee Milwaukee without having been phwacked by the proverbial broom.
As you wait for the game to start, check out:
- Here's a fluffy AP article on Derrick Turnbow.
- You gotta check out this indy league transaction.
- I'm a little late on this, but it looks like Tomo Ohka will avoid surgery, so we'll get him back ...at some point.
- Beyond the Boxscore updates their stats, pNRAA and NRAA, and shows the results for centerfielders. For Brady Clark, it's not pretty.
- The Brewers made a minor move today, DFA'ing Jared Fernadez.
- It wasn't a good Monday for Brewers affiliates, but read about it anyway.
- Updated Sally League and Midwest League stats, including Team Splits for the West Virginia Power. It's a small sample, but Will Inman is thrashing lefties.