The wait is over. Okay, I wasn't all that worried about it, but Grant, perpetrator of the McCovey Chronicles, was--as evidenced by his old blog. Long story short, we're about to make Boof Bonser's Major League debut miserable.
Fortunately, the Brewers have Chris Capuano on the mound today. After the disasters that have been the last two games, nothing could make me happier. (Well, that's not true. If Martina Hingis celebrated her tournament win today by flying to New York and taking a cab to my place, that could make me happier. But you know what I mean.)
In what has become a tradition, check out some stuff:
- John reports on the Minor League affiliates...
- John also tries to depress all Brewer fans ever with what might the most pathetic WPA graph ever...
- And if you missed it on Friday, check out battlekow's series preview, with some details on his Boofness.
- For more on Boof, here's a profile from Twinkie Town.
- Ty Taubenheim was passable in his big league debut yesterday, but is probably headed back to the Minors for now.
- Russell Branyan, despite being buried by manager Joe Maddon, hit a game-winning homer last night. With all those great young players (and Branyan), I want to root for the Rays. But Maddon is making it hard.
- I keep forgetting to mention it, but after a solid complete-game performance for Nashville the other night, Justin Thompson hung 'em up. Too bad--obviously he wasn't the first guy deserving of a callup from Triple-A, but the way things are going right now, every little bit of depth counts.
- Speaking of which, Nashville just got a new player: infielder Milko Jaramillo. He had a nice half-season for Memphis last year, and was just picked up from the Indie-ball Golden Baseball League.
- Here are some injury updates: JJ Hardy is off crutches, which puts him ahead of schedule, and Rick Helling is throwing, which means he's only a few sessions away from going on a rehab assignment. If you had told me on May 21st of last year that I'd be clamoring for the return of Rick Helling, I'd have said you were crazy. But here we are, and there it is.
Tags: Joe Maddon, Milko Jaramillo, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Justin Thompson, Boof Bonser, Russell Branyan, Martina Hingis, Milwaukee Brewers, Ty Taubenheim, Nashville Sounds